Perfect Pairings: Highway Manor Brewing Co.
This Winter and Spring, join us in The Barn Restaurant to experience our Perfect Pairings Series, a collaboration between Allenberry and a range of rotating local PA breweries, winemakers, cider makers, and distilleries.
On Wednesday, February 19th from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. we’re hosting Highway Manor Brewing Co.!
Our proprietary house yeast that over the last 10 years inoculated from an 1840 mansion built on a canal turned highway, in Liverpool Pennsylvania, is what make our rare barrel aged (200 day minimum red wine oak) sours so unique. Our highly creative Brewer/Owner, Johnnie Compton III, takes his Belgian farmhouse style brewing very seriously, and has been harvesting colonies of wild bugs that predate the civil war for over a decade. The Pennsylvania terrior is evident in each of our carefully cultivated wild beers. – Highway Manor Brewing Co.
Samples to Expect
- Manor Light: Table beer brewed with Australian and New Zealand Hops. Complex, dry, quaffable.
- Mr. Apricot: Barrel-aged sour ale with apricots added.
- Mr. Apple: Barrel-aged sour ale with apples added.
- Mr. HongKong SayJohn: Saison ale with ginger and lemongrass
Small Plate Lineup
- Caputo Brothers Ricotta $8 | fried house-seeded focaccia | beef & tomato ragu. To pair with Manor Light.
- Miniature PA Creamery Cheese Board $6| Keswick Creamery brie | Camelot Valley chevre | orange pineapple jalapeno jam | toasted almonds | crostini with seasonal accompaniments. To Pair with Mr. Apricot.
- Smoked Rettland Farm Pork Belly $6 | L.E.A.F Project hot honey | frisee lettuce. To pair with Mr. Apple.
- Sesame Mushrooms $7 | lemon roasted local shiitake, oyster, and maitake mushrooms | smoked garlic, tahini, & soy reduction sesame reduction | half-soy marinated jammy egg. To pair with HongKong SayJohn.
Highway Manor Brewing Co. will not only be passing out free samples of their beers, but we’ll also be featuring some of their bottled beers at our bar. Lastly, affordable small plate options and a sour beer cocktail, chosen especially for the occasion by Executive Chef Kurt Wewer, will also be available for that night only.
- Menus will be released around 1-2 weeks before the event.
- Book your table online over on The Barn Restaurant’s page, or call the restaurant directly at (717) 258-3211 ext. 2.
- To view our entire 2020 Winter-Spring Perfect Pairings schedule, click HERE.